December 22, 2015
Sircon's Top Blogs of 2015
By: Sydney Beaudreault
This year, Sircon blog subscription has almost doubled! So we would like to extend a big Sircon thanks to you, the reader, our subscribers, and all of our wonderful guest bloggers.
With the year coming to a close, here's a roundup all of our most read posts (and a few of my personal favorites) for you to read and reflect on as you prepare for 2016.
Thanks for reading and enjoy!
*Carriers and Improving the Agent Experience
- How do you attract and retain agents? Patrick Masi, Senior Sircon Producer Manager, kicked off this year's weekly blog by revealing how carriers can nail the first impression and become easier to do business with.
- Several industry leaders focused this year on improving carrier-distributor communication as well as license & appointment automation. Here are just a few of the standards and forms that were created to ensure efficient and compliant agent/rep onboarding and credential management.
- Texas' advance towards uniformity was significant this year. Check out how states are addressing the aspects of producer licensing that the industry finds cumbersome.
- At Vertafore, we have a team dedicated to keeping you informed and up to date on the most current regulatory information and changes. Here are 5 of this year's must know regulatory changes and proposals.
- With several substantial breaches this year, consumer information security was of a big concern this year. Industry veteran, Tim Owen, discusses the consequences of a breach, how to manage information securely, and where the information security is heading in the insurance industry.
- In a recent study, we found that 50% of agents have inadvertently had at least one license lapse in the past 5 years. Dane Sprecher, Manager of Sircon Product Marketing, shares 5 ways that you can modernize your practices and ensure that your agency and agents' compliance remains on the right side of the industry's 50%.
- Insurance carriers have a lot of responsibility when it comes to verifying agent credentials to sell. The responsibility increases significantly when selling products that are regulated as securities as well as insurance.. Here are 4 of the top ways that carriers are monitoring registrations.
- With FINRA's announcement of its recent actions using a public records search vendor to identify potentially missing disclosures, some larger firms are scrambling to make sure that their information is in order and up to date. Doug Vincens, Senior Product Manager for securities compliance offerings, helps guide you through what you can do to avoid late disclosure fees.
- ACORD's Director of Life & Annuity Implementations, Sandy Hampel, talked with us about their crucial role in the industry. Click below for an exclusive sneak peak to their current and planned initiatives as well as to learn more about our relationship with ACORD – and how you can benefit.
- NIPR's Executive Director, Karen Stakem Hornig, discussed her organization's role in serving the industry and regulators. See how their relationship with Authorized Business Partners like Vertafore helps them drive efficiency in the industry. o Part 1
Sydney Beaudreault is a Technical Writer – Marketing Specialist for Vertafore's Sircon solution set. Sydney graduated from Michigan State University with a BA in Professional Writing and an emphasis in Public Relations. When Sydney isn't in Vertafore's East Lansing office, you can find her with her dog, Koda, or in the stands cheering on the Spartans.