Technology Surcharge Changed Minnesota Licensing Portal | Vertafore

Welcome to the Minnesota Adjuster and Producer Portal

Return to Minnesota Homepage


Lookup a License: Use the Minnesota License Inquiry Service to verify the license of an insurance producer, agency, adjuster, or company.



Create your Sircon account


Learn More >
Sircon is the easiest way to manage your personal compliance. Apply for and renew your licenses in all 50 states.
Sign Up
Already have an individual account? Sign In


Learn More >
Simple license management that helps you ensure that your agency and agents are authorized to sell.
Sign Up
Already have an agency account? Sign In

Important Notices

Print Your License

To print your license, use the License Print service. This service is free for individuals who pay the Minnesota Technology Surcharge. For business entities, this service is free for up to 30 days after license approval and renewal for license applications and license renewals completed through Sircon. Duplicate license copies can be printed at any time (fees may apply).

Minnesota License Renewal Availability

You may renew your license 90 days before your expiration date. If you attempt to renew earlier than 90 days before your expiration date, you will receive a message that states: "The National Producer Database found your resident license but did not identify any licenses for renewal at this time. Please try again at a later date."

Technology Surcharge Changed

Effective May 1, 2023, the technology surcharge will be $10. Please see the Minnesota Department of Commerce website for additional information.

Name Change

Individuals - Must fill out this form and submit it by email to the Department of Commerce with the required documentation.

Resident Business Entities - Must request a name change by email to the Department of Commerce. The request must include a copy of the Amended Articles of Incorporation that have been stamped and filed by the Secretary of State.

Nonresident Business Entities - Must request a name change by email to the Department of Commerce. We will verify electronically that you have updated your resident license before we process the name change.


An individual insurance producer or adjuster who allows the license to lapse may, within 12 months from the due date of the renewal fee, reinstate the license without the necessity of passing a written examination. However, a penalty in the amount of twice the unpaid renewal fee must be paid by the individual for any renewal fee received after the due date.

If your license has been expired for more than 1 year you will need to reapply for the license. If an exam is required for licensure you will need to retest, get fingerprinted, and reapply for the license.


Resident Producers and Resident Adjusters please verify your CE transcript on Sircon.