Welcome to the Colorado Producer, Agency, Adjuster and Surplus Lines Licensing Portal

Return to Colorado Homepage


Lookup a License: Use the License Inquiry Service to verify individual, agency, and company licenses.


Create your Sircon account


Learn More >
Sircon is the easiest way to manage your personal compliance. Apply for and renew your licenses in all 50 states.
Sign Up
Already have an individual account? Sign In


Learn More >
Simple license management that helps you ensure that your agency and agents are authorized to sell.
Sign Up
Already have an agency account? Sign In

Important Notices

Notice Regarding "Required Lawful Presence in the U.S." for Applicants

A required lawful presence in the U.S. is no longer applicable to insurance producer applications and renewals. The Division of Insurance is currently working to remove this language from their systems. In the meantime, if you are a potential applicant for an insurance producer license / renewal, and this situation applies to you, please use the alternate application and submit it to DORA_Ins_LicensingAndContinuingEducation@state.co.us. Submit any further questions about this process to that same email address.

Colorado Alternate Producer Licensing Application

License Renewal Timing

In order to renew your license, you must complete your online renewal by 10:00 p.m. Mountain Time on the day your license expires. After 10:00 p.m. Mountain Time, you will not be able to renew your license and your license will be inactivated for failure to renew. License reactivation will require you to submit a new application along with the new license fee.

Name Changes

All name change requests must be submitted promptly by letter via the US mail, fax or email to:

3131 S. Vaughn Way, Suite 205
Aurora, CO 80014

Email: pvcoloradoinsurance@pearson.com Phone: (800) 275-8247

There is no fee to change a name.

Individual requests must be accompanied by supporting court documents, or a marriage certificate, and must be dated and signed by the individual producer.

Agency requests must be accompanied by supporting documents filed with the Secretary of State, and must be dated and signed by the appropriate company official.

Surplus Lines Tax System Name Changes
Individuals must send an email to Dora_ColoradoInsuranceSurpluslinestax@state.co.us and provide the surplus line producer name, license number and the name information to effect the change on the Surplus Lines Tax System.
To change the name of a firm on the Surplus Lines Tax System, logon to the Surplus Lines Tax System, click on 'My Account' in the upper left corner of the page and then click on 'Update Personal Information' and update the 'Full Name of Brokerage' field. Check mark the box 'I Work for a Brokerage' and click on 'Save'.

Public Adjuster Licensing

Please note that Colorado licenses ONLY public adjusters. Public adjusters are those who work solely for the public on a contract basis. Colorado DOES NOT license company or staff adjusters. IF YOU ARE AN ADJUSTER OTHER THAN A PUBLIC ADJUSTER, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR AN ADJUSTER LICENSE IN COLORADO.

Pursuant to §10-2-417(2), C.R.S. and Colorado Insurance Regulation 1-2-19, you must provide a $20,000 signed Surety Bond from an insurance company and a Power of Attorney in the format defined in the regulation above. Your signed Surety Bond and Power of Attorney should be attached electronically in Sircon after submission of your application. Mailing or failing to attach the Surety Bond and the Power of Attorney may delay the processing of your application.

If you need additional information on adjuster licensing, please contact Pearson VUE at 800-275-8247.

Providing Self-Disclosures Pursuant to CRS 10-2-801 (3) via Attachment Warehouse/NIPR

Pursuant to CRS 10-2-801(3), producers and entities shall report any administrative action taken against the producer in another jurisdiction or by another governmental agency in this state within thirty days after the final disposition of the matter. The report shall include a copy of the order, consent to order or other relevant legal document. Producers and entities may provide this disclosure through the Attachment Warehouse. An additional copy of the document(s), sent through the Attachment Warehouse, is not required to be provided to the Colorado Division of Insurance. Click here for additional information.

Notice to Producers

Colorado is issuing continuing education transcript and license renewal notifications electronically. Please ensure that your email address is current at www.sircon.com/colorado.

The ability to print your individual or firm licenses online is now available through your Sircon account. This online service allows you to print your own license. To print a license online, select "Print a license" in the left-hand column of this page. This service is free for up to 30 days after license approval and renewal for license applications and license renewals completed through Compliance Express. Duplicate license copies can be printed at any time (Fees may apply). If you have applied for or renewed your license through another vendor other than Vertafore, you may print your license by selecting the "Print a license" link (Fees may apply). To create a Sircon account, please click here

Continuing and Pre-licensing Education

If you are looking for information about sponsoring courses, course approval, and reporting requirements for providers, please email pvcoloradoinsurance@pearson.com

Free CE Transcript

You may now check the status of your continuing education compliance. For a free continuing education transcript, click on "Look up Education Courses/Credits" in the left-hand column and then click on "Continuing Education Transcript Inquiry."

National Producer Number (NPN)

Wonder what your National Producer Number (NPN) is? This unique identifying number is assigned to licensed individuals by the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners) and most states are beginning to use it for various licensing purposes. You can use the License Number/National Producer Number Inquiry to find your NPN today.

Information on Surplus Lines Filings

All Surplus Line Producers and Firms please follow this link for helpful premium tax reporting information and instructions. Please be sure to scroll through the entire page to assure you find links to the Surplus Lines Broker On-Line Premium Tax Filing System, Authorized Surplus Lines Insurers Listing, Premium Tax Delinquent Payment Filing Instructions and Coupon, Diligent Effort Affidavit, and Monthly/Annual Surplus Lines Premium Tax Filing Instructions.

Frequently Asked Questions

All Colorado insurance producer laws apply to public adjusters.

A business entity acting as a public adjuster, as described at §10-2-103(8.5), C.R.S., is required to obtain a public adjuster license and shall comply with §10-2-417(2), C.R,S., by securing a surety bond in the format prescribed in Colorado Insurance Regulation 1-2-19.

All Colorado licensed insurance producers, including public adjusters, need to be associated to the public adjusting agency if they are an employee pursuant to §10-2-406, C.R. S.

Your licensing effective and expiration dates may not coincide with your surety bond effective and expiration dates.

Your surety bond and power of attorney need to be attached to your application after you have applied for your Colorado public adjuster license.

If you have active public adjuster license but you do not have an active surety bond, then you will be referred to the Attorney General's office for action to be taken against your license.